Involvement of the Museum für Naturkunde in national and international networks
Research museums such as the Museum für Naturkunde do not work in isolation, but are part of national and international networks.
There are two categories of such networks:
- One category includes networks that evolved around common research projects. These will be found soon on this homepage under Research Cooperation.
- The second category includes science policy networks.
Here is a list of important science policy networks of which the Museum für Naturkunde is a member:
- Consortium of European Taxonomic Facilities (CETAF)
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Scientific Collections International (SciColl)
- Deutsche Naturwissenschaftliche Forschungssammlungen (DNFS)
- Internationaler Museumsrat ICOM
- Deutscher Museumsbund (DMB)
- International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN)
- Landesverband der Museen zu Berlin e.V. (LMB)(German only)