Museum für Naturkunde
Leibniz Institute for Evolution and Biodiversity Science
Phone +49 (0)30 2093 8488
Fax +49 (0)30 2093 8565
- since 2012 cooperation in the project "Biodiversity South East Asian freshwater gastropods of the genus Brotia in the Kaek River, central Thailand", Cooperation Project
- May to October 2013 scientific assistant in the project SAW Fredie
- May 2010 to May 2013 student assistant in the DFG-project "Phylogeography and phylogeny of Australian freshwater snails (Family: Thiaridae)" together with France Gimnich and under the supervision of PD Dr. Matthias Glaubrecht
- February to November 2012 Master thesis "Evolutionary systematics of two species in the freshwater gastropod Sermyla (Cerithioidea, Thiaridae): Reconciling morphology and molecular genetics"
Maaß, N & Glaubrecht, M 2012. Comparing the reproductive biology of three "marsupial", eu-viviparous gastropods (Cerithioidea, Thiaridae) from drainages of Australia´s monsoonal north. Zoosystematics and Evolution, Vol. 88(2): 293-315.
Maaß, N, Gimnich, F & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Marsupial molluscs as models – Evolutionary systematics of Australian freshwater gastropods. In: de Frias Matins, A M, Costa, A C, de Cunha, R T, Avila, S Monteiro, S C and Raposeiro, P. (Eds.) Abstracts of the World Congress of Malacology, July 2013, Talk: pp286-287, Acores.
Gimnich, F, Maaß, N, Rintelen, T v & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Looking up to `Down under` - Phylogeny & Biogeography of Australian Thiaridae. In: de Frias Matins, A M, Costa, A C, de Cunha, R T, Avila, S Monteiro, S C and Raposeiro, P. (Eds.) Abstracts of the World Congress of Malacology, July 2013, Talk: p112, Acores.
Gimnich, F, Rintelen, T v, Maaß, N & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Tracing back the snail trail – What freshwater gastropods tell us about the colonization of “down under”, in: BioSyst.EU Wien 2013, Talk, S.71.
Maaß, N 2012. Biometry, morphology and reproductive biology in freshwater snails: Techniques for Malacologists, Research Workshop on Principle and Practice of Biosystematics and Biodiversity Using Freshwater Molluscs as a Model, Faculty of Science, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Talk and Practice.
- November to December 2012 - Kaek River, Phitsanulok Provinz, Thailand. Sampling of freshwater gastropods of the genus Brotia (Cerithioidea, Pachychilidae).
- March 2012 - Workshop and sampling trip at the Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Principle and Practice of Biosystematics and Biodiversity Using Freshwater Molluscs as a Model
- September to October 2011 - Northerm Territory and Queensland, Australia. Sampling of freshwater gastropods of the family Thiaride (Cerithioidea).