Museum für Naturkunde
Leibniz Institute for Research on Evolution and Biodiversity
Phone +49 (0)30 2093 8488
Fax +49 (0)30 2093 8565
- since 2012 cooperation in the project "Biodiversity South East Asian freshwater gastropods of the genus Brotia in the Kaek River, central Thailand"
- since 2010 student assistant in the DFG-project "Phylogeography and phylogeny of Australian freshwater snails (Family: Thiaridae)" together with France Gimnich and under the supervision of PD Dr. Matthias Glaubrecht
- February to November 2012 Master thesis "Evolutionary systematics of two species in the freshwater gastropod Sermyla (Cerithioidea, Thiaridae): Reconciling morphology and molecular genetics"
Maaß, N & Glaubrecht, M 2012. Comparing the reproductive biology of three "marsupial", eu-viviparous gastropods (Cerithioidea, Thiaridae) from drainages of Australia´s monsoonal north. Zoosystematics and Evolution, Vol. 88(2): 293-315.
Maaß, N, Gimnich, F & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Three or two? - New insights into the evolutionary systematics of the Australasian thiarid Sermyla, Abstract submission for the World Congress of Malacology, 21. to 28. July 2013, Acores, Talk.
Gimnich, F, Maaß, N, Rintelen, T v & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Colonizing the continent. Reconstruction of the phylogeny and evolution of Australian Thiaridae., Abstract submission for the World Congress of Malacology, 21. to 28. July 2013, Acores, Talk.
Gimnich, F, Rintelen, T v, Maaß, N & Glaubrecht, M 2013. Tracing back the snail trail – What freshwater gastropods tell us about the colonization of “down under”, in: BioSyst.EU Wien 2013, Talk, S.71.
Maaß, N 2012. Biometry, morphology and reproductive biology in freshwater snails: Techniques for Malacologists, Research Workshop on Principle and Practice of Biosystematics and Biodiversity Using Freshwater Molluscs as a Model, Faculty of Science, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Talk and Practice.
- November to December 2012 - Kaek River, Phitsanulok Provinz, Thailand. Sampling of freshwater gastropods of the genus Brotia (Cerithioidea, Pachychilidae).
- March 2012 - Worshop and sampling trip at the Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Principle and Practice of Biosystematics and Biodiversity Using Freshwater Molluscs as a Model
- September to October 2011 - Northerm Territory and Quennsland, Australia. Sampling of freshwater gastropods of the family Thiaride (Cerithioidea).